Posted by Andy Benoit
- DeMaurice Smith has been chosen to give the commencement address at the University of Maryland. (If this somehow prolongs the lockout, all Terps players should be blackballed from the NFL for at least two years.)
- Vikings cornerback Chris Cook will be in court March 21 on his charge of brandishing a firearm.
- The Redskins politely asked the Washington Post to stop using the team’s name in its Insider section. The Post obliged. (One less lawsuit for Dan Snyder to file this week.)
- What does the future hold for cornerback Terence Newman in Dallas? (Those who watched the veteran corner in 2010 might say either “nothing” or “more completions given up”.)
- If you’re in the mood for another “Ronde talking about how Tiki still has the drive” story, click here.
- According to Football Outsiders, the Miami Dolphins led the league in dropped interceptions last season.
- The Bears could be looking for a long-term backup quarterback to develop. (Is Caleb Hanie not that guy?)
- Some Patriots fans aren’t happy about having to pay for season tickets before March 31 despite the current lockout. If games are missed, however, fans will receive a refund plus one percent interest.
- Chargers running back Ryan Mathews is doing good deeds in the San Diego community.