Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- As a devastating tornado raged around him in Tuscaloosa, Chiefs DB Javier Arenas took shelter in a bathtub. Arenas was fine, but a block away, the weather caused complete devastation. Said Arenas: “I want to thank the makers of my tub. ”
- If QB Colin Kaepernick can’t learn the playbook from new 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, he’ll have to go learn from somebody else. How about Harbaugh’s former pupil, current Stanford QB Andrew Luck?
- Although Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz turned down a contract extension from the club, he still says he badly wants to stay in Chicago. He’s just letting his negotiator do his thing.
- TV broadcaster Gus Johnson isn’t necessarily gone from CBS quite yet. Here’s hoping he and CBS can come to sort of agreement on a new contract.
- And what about the Steelers trying to trade up and snag Maurkice Pouncey’s brother, Mike Pouncey? How come that didn’t happen, like many thought it might?
- Legendary Dolphins coach Don Shula speaks to the Miami Herald about a variety of topics, including how he was disappointed when Bill Parcells abruptly bailed on the organization.
- If the Buccaneers end up on Hard Knocks this season, Tony Dungy has some advice for the players: Don’t try to be like Sidney Poitier.
- For the past three drafts, the 49ers have selected a RB, including Oklahoma State’s Kendall Hunter in the fourth round this year. That being said, the front office isn’t planning to push Frank Gore out of the way anytime soon.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .