Posted by Ryan Wilson
- Remember: consider the source. According to the New York Post, Roger Goodell and DeMaurice Smith had "a very jovial dinner" Wednesday, lasting nearly two hours.
- Just so we're clear. Football Outsiders has had enough of the NFL propaganda machine. Upon hearing that Goodell recently told Bucs ticket-holders that one of the goals of the lockout is to lower ticket prices for fans, FO staged an impromptu lesson on the basics of supply and demand.
- Don't call me Pac-Man. Bengals cornerback Adam Jones, appearing on Denver's 102.3 The Ticket, talked about his journey from high-profile college player to high-round NFL pick, and all the pressures -- and off-field entanglements -- that come with the transition. And because we can't go 15 minutes without bringing it up, Jones relates his experiences to Terrelle Pryor, who could enter the NFL's supplemental draft (should there be one).
- Don't call me Peg Leg. If informal workouts are any indication, Julio Jones' offseason foot surgery won't be an issue. He made a fancy touchdown grab during a recent practice.
- Channeling Norman Einstein. Joe Thiesmann thinks players treated Jay Cutler "very, very wrongly" after the Bears QB left the NFC Championship game with a knee injury. Evidently, he didn't appear hurt enough.
- Selling tickets to the gun show. Tim Tebow, who appears to work out from time to time, takes a few cuts on the driving range.
- It's a start. It's been nearly two hours and Kenny Britt hasn't been arrested.