Posted by Ben Golliver.
- Brian Windhorst, in a piece for his old Cleveland newspaper , says that former Cavaliers forward LeBron James is reaching out to fans in his former hometown. "It is long way from an outright apology, but four months after his well-chronicled decision, LeBron James is offering some contrition."
- The Los Angeles Lakers finally lost , to the Nuggets in Denver, thanks to a big fourth quarter for Carmelo Anthony and a small fourth quarter from Pau Gasol.
- Now that Turkish big man and big-time 2011 NBA Draft prospect Enes Kanter tried and failed to gain NCAA eligibility at Kentucky, does this mean other international stars will be reluctant to follow in his footsteps and attempt to play in the NCAA prior to an NBA career?
- Speaking of Kanter, check out this hilarious quote from CBSSports.com's Gary Parrish : "If Kentucky gets Enes Kanter eligible, I'm recruiting Ricky Rubio next year." That's what a coach told me a couple of months back, and I think he was joking but I can't say for sure. Either way, what I took from that statement was this: The NCAA allowing Kanter to play despite his background as a professional basketball player in Turkey would, in the eyes of most everybody outside of Kentucky, set a dangerous precedent.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves are on the verge of signing former Utah Jazz hero Sundiata Gaines to shore up their point guard situation.
- Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest says Portland Trail Blazers all star guard Brandon Roy "backed down" when the two teams faced on Sunday, according to Sports Illustrated .
- Gordon Monson of the Salt Lake Tribune has an equation to explain Utah's recent success: "The assurance comes in a simple equation that applies to any team, but especially to this particular version of the Jazz: E + E = W. Energy plus efficiency equals wins."