Posted by Matt Moore
- There's a movement afoot specifically to keep LeBron James out of the All-Star Game. It's things like this that trot the fine line at the nexus of funny, pathetic, and mean. Props for the idea, but just because you don't like a guy's ego, is that really reason to sully a system to honor play that's been in place for decades? And this is all beyond the fact that it would take coaches about forty five seconds to select him as a reserve and then all of a sudden the person atually voted in would have a hamstring injury.
- Terrence Williams looked like a star in the making last year. Now he's been suspended for two games for "violations of team policy" whle Avery Johnson is talking about him "not getting" it. A perfect example of how a coaching change can dramtically alter a player's forecast. Meanwhile, if Williams is on the block, the Grizzlies and Bulls should both be on the horn to see if they can grab him at a bargain bin price.
- Jarrett Jack, a winner his whole career except for when he wasn't winning, which was most of his career, is already ready to pack it in on the Heat, saying their failure could curtail others from going the superstar route. In other news, Jack put the cart before the horse and said "Done!" before walking off. The Hornets are 0-1 since Jack arrived, clearly indicating he's not a winner. See what I did there? You see? Because he said ...
- Dwyane Wade, after the Pacers wiped the floor with the Heat, said the Pacers don't have a lot of playmakers . Which is true. But not something you say after a team manhandles you for 48 minutes and you go 1-13.
- Spurs fans were joking about Ime Udoka being signed last week, and now it has happened . Still bizarre they thought Udoka was more valuable than Gee.
- The Timberwolves have themsevles some new road unis , this time in black. Which is appropriate, since it's so often like a funeral when they step on the court. Har-dee-har-har.
- The new Warriors owners seem pretty serious about moving the team to San Francisco. That could get ugly fast with Oakland fans.
- Flip Saunders, getting digs in on Doug Collins. Better hurry to get them in, he may not be around long.
- Some early names for the drafniks to get used to saying: Kyrie Iriving, Kemba Walker, Terrence Jones.