Posted by Matt Moore
- Shaquille O'Neal on Blake Griffin: "He's fabulous ." Take a second and let that quote sink in. Shaq just described the most explosive rookie to enter the NBA in years in much the same way Lady Gaga likely discusses her latest dress made out of asbestos or drywall or whatever. An odd choice of words for anyone else. Par for the Shaq course.
- Zach Lowe of SI on a specific shape the Heat have begun to implement: "The Heat have started to position James, Bosh and Wade in a triangle on the same side of the floor. They don’t do it often, but they’re trying it and are getting good results so far. Perhaps the best example happened about four minutes into the first quarter Wednesday. As Carlos Arroyo brought the ball up the left side, the three Miami stars took up residency on the opposite side — Wade in the right corner, Bosh at the right elbow and James on the right wing beyond the three-point line. A nice little $340 million obtuse triangle."
- Rob Mahoney breaks down the accepted definition of All-Star, then asks the question, what should make an All-Star ?
- Wizards blog Truth About It wonders about the phrase "Rome wasn't built in a day" and how it relates to the Wizards. Good news, no mongol hordes.
- Something something , Scarface and the Miami Heat.
- A fascinating look at the percentage of possessions and points produced by players, seen through the lens of, who else, Kobe Bryant.
- A group of Hornets fans launch a non-profit in order to Save Their Hornets .