Posted by EOB Staff
Friday, December 9, 2011On a shortened schedule with the conclusion of the NBA lockout, free agency is going to be fast and furious. To keep track of all the wheelings, dealings, rumors, and reports, check Eye on Basketball daily for the Free Agency Buzz.
8:35 p.m. ET
- According to ESPN Dallas, the Mavs are close to signing Vince Carter, who was waived by Phoenix Friday. Look for this to be done by Saturday.
- According to multiple reports, Thaddeus Young has agreed with the 76ers on a five-year, $42 million deal.
- Marcus Thornton, who had his deal hit a reported snag earlier, has finished off a deal, according to SI.com. The shooting guard gets four-year, $33 million deal from the Kings.
- Oklahoma City has re-signed Daequan Cook to a two-year, $7.5 million deal, according to Yahoo Sports.
- Veteran Miami Heat forward Juwan Howard will return for a second year with the team, Yahoo Sports reports. Howard, 38, played in 57 games last season for Miami.
- According to the Detroit Free Press, Richard Hamilton has been waived. Just bought out though, not amnestied.
- The Knicks are trying to re-sign forward 3-point marksman Shawne Williams but the Nets are working on pulling him away according to Yahoo! Sports.
- The Kings have signed Marcus Thornton to a $40 million, five-year deal, via ESPN.com. But wait! That deal could be hitting a snag and may not even be accurate, according to SI.com.
- Thaddeus Young is close to re-signing with the 76ers, according to the Philly Inquirer.
- According to Yahoo! Sports, the Nets are preparing to offer Nene a big four-year, $60-65 million deal. The Nets are in pursuit of Dwight Howard as well, reportedly, and could be looking to add Nene as a piece to a major trade to acquire Howard. SI.com reports that there are "indications" that Nene is leaning toward the Nets. The New York Daily News reports as well that the "Nets are closing in on Nene."
- Dwight Howard has switched agents from Dan Fegan to his father. So that'll be good, I'm sure.
- Mario Chalmers will re-sign with the Heat, reports Mario Chalmers. Early Friday morning Chalmers tweeted that he intends to re-sign with the Heat. "Imma MIAMI HEAT player until they don't want me no more. Let's get this ring"
- Everyone kind of knew this was coming, but according to the New York Times, Tyson Chandler will indeed sign with the Knicks Friday with Chauncey Billups amnestied.
- According to Yahoo! Sports, the Warriors may be looking to go after DeAndre Jordan with a four-year, $10 million to replace missing out on Tyson Chandler.
- The Suns will deal Mickael Pietrus to the Raptors for a second-round pick according to the Toronto Star.
- SI.com reports that New Orleans, Houston and Minnesota are also in the running for DeAndre Jordan.