By Jeff Goodman
Midnight Madness is here.
So is the college hoops news.
- Kansas took the hardest hit of the day when it was announced that freshman Ben McLemore and Jamari Traylor are ineligible this season and have been deemed "partial qualifiers."
This is a significant blow to a Kansas team that has already been questioned for its lack of "Kansas talent."
There's Thomas Robinson, Tyshawn Taylor and a bunch of unproven guys.
- A source told CBSSports.com that Arizona State's heralded freshman point guard Jahii Carson won't be in uniform for the Sun Devils first practice - as he waits for an NCAA ruling.
- Ole Miss received the word - per a source - that South Carolina transfer Murphy Holloway has been cleared to play this season by the NCAA.
- DePaul's Macari Brooks won't be eligible to play this season due to academics, per a source.
- Xavier announced that Chris Mack has suspended senior big man Kenny Frease for "not handling his daily responsibilities on and off the playing floor that we expect from every one of our players here at Xavier."
- Washington's Scott Suggs will miss 2-3 months due to a broken foot. The Huskies have enough to sustain the loss, but it will certainly hurt Lorenzo Romar's depth.