No one knows ACC basketball like Jim Young, the funny/snarky presence who runs ACCSports.com. Young joins me fresh off that three-point Duke win over Virginia Thursday night. Virginia did a lot of good there. But beyond Mike Scott, what do the Cavs have?
We're smothered in ACC chatter, which isn't necessarily a good thing. But from Maryland to N.C. State to UNC to Duke to Harrison Barnes to Austin Rivers, it's all covered today. Near the end we talk some music, too (I just can't help myself).
Our gabbing goes like this:
- From the beginning: Some introductions and remembrances of podcasts past. Then it's on to talking Duke over Virginia, focusing primarily on Virginia.
- 6:32: How do we assemble the ACC? UNC / Duke / Virginia / everyone else? Do we group Virginia with Duke?
- 9:17: The problem with the ACC, the biggest one, is all the bizarre results that make it seem worse since so many teams played badly out of conference.
- 12:54: A few moments on Maryland, which is the most interesting team outside of Duke and UNC.
- 14:58: "I ... have no idea" is the appropriate slogan for the ACC in 2011-12.
- 16:08: North Carolina, oddly under the radar right now? And let's get going with the Barnes talk.
- 23:53: And now it's on to Austin Rivers, who a lot of people have a lot of opinions on what he should be doing for this team. This transitions into a general Duke discussion that I think is the most interesting part of the pod.
- 32:18: Wrapping up the chat with some music talk. And if you've got any recs, feel free to tweet them at me.
Continued thanks from me to you for keep coming back and listening. Please: spread the word. Hoops season is ramping up, and I'd love more hate mail. Spread this page and the iTunes subscription link to anyone you'd think would like this sort of think. We post three times per week, with the Wednesday show being a low-rent sitcom wannabe of a half hour, thanks to CBSSports.com national writers Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman Skyping in their opinions. The RSS feed is another way to keep the podcasts coming to you ASAP. We've got a Zune download link as well.