One of, if not the biggest, names in college basketball sportswriting, Seth Davis, is back on the program. All that great football overshadowed what transpired in hoops, so we're here so you can hear all about it.
What were the biggest results? What of Fab Melo not playing at Syracuse? Why can't we focus on the positive with Murray State? And why on earth does Seth root for the Redskins? All extremely important topics that are covered in the Monday edition. It's one of our best this season, so get to clicking. And if you'd like to read Seth's recent work, head on over here and check out his columns, plus the fantastic annual Hoop Thoughts editorial.
- From the beginning: We recorded this last night, so we start with our reactions to the football games. How could we not start with that? Unfortunately, it devolves into Redskins talk pretty quickly.
- 2:43: Outside of Syracuse and Murray State's games, what was the most meaningful result from Saturday or Sunday?
- 8:07: Syracuse. Let's discuss the Orange and what they are, the Fab Melo situation, and how good they really are. Seth has his doubts, and I think it's fair -- even though I still want to believe this team has a very good chance at this year's Final Four.
- 14:02: So far ... what do we make of this basketball season? Has it been a good one?
- 17:30: Seth and I deviate from the hoops talk to lament how great we are and how awful our lives become when people request to talk to us on the radio. I do this after having asked Seth to come on my podcast. It's all so insufferable in its meta existence.
- 20:17: Let's talk about Murray State, the great story, not Murray State, the when-will-they-lose story. Seth takes a second to stroke Parrish's ego as well.
- 28:00: Seth and I pick our fringe bubble teams that we believe will play themselves into the field. We also take the inverse: good teams likely to play themselves into the NIT.
- 32:10: Chip Kelly to Oregon almost happened, but this doesn't really much happen in college hoops -- that hot coach with the sexy scheme who can bring a new flair to the pros. Why not?
Again, I thank you for taking the time to listen to the podcast--whenever you can. I ask that you, if you like what we're doing here, encourage like-minded hoopheads to subscribe in Tunes as well. Guests like Jay Bilas, Seth Davis, they're the guys who make me sound better and make the podcast worthwhile. The other guys? Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman, they really make it entertaining, and of course you can count on our trio show each Wednesday. The RSS feed is another way to keep the podcasts coming to you ASAP. We've got a Zune download link as well.