|Duke's home loss flew under the radar yesterday. (US PRESSWIRE)|
It was a great night Andy Glockner. He's a Giants fan. Against most convention, his team won a fourth Super Bowl, and so it's only appropriate that he makes another podcast appearance today.
Glockner does bracket and bubble updates weekly for SI.com. You can check out his consistently measured and terrific work here. Follow him on Twitter if you want more soccer talk than anyone could ask for. He tends to tweet about hoops, too. And the Knicks. And the Islanders. You've been warned.
- From the beginning: Glockner, being a huge Giants fan, gets his moment to bask. Some NFL talk before we get to the hoops, because the pod can get diverse like that.
- 5:56: Duke went out and lost at home to Miami Sunday afternoon. It was a home loss. Did you miss it? That's because it happened while everyone was spilling chips into the bowl and finishing up the guac dip. Blue Devils know when to lose their worst games. But is Duke now out of the question to get a 2 if it doesn't run the table?
- 8:39: Which bubble team is in pretty good shape despite its reputation and which team is in a lot more trouble than you'd be led to believe?
- 12:42: Murray State loses one game and one game only, and that game is to Saint Mary's. Harvard finishes with two losses overall. Where would both of these teams get seeded?
- 15:27: The committee doesn't seem to rely on KenPom all that much, yes? Why? We get into some selection committee methodology and mindset. Best part of the pod here, IMO.
- 24:00: The Pac-12 is even more confounding than you realize.
- 30:18: The bubble is actually not that weak this year. You wouldn't think that with a lot of drive-by commentary, but the at-large crop is better than in most recent years. Glockner explains why.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to listen to the podcast--whenever you can. I ask that you, if you like what we're doing here, encourage like-minded hoopheads to subscribe in Tunes as well. Guests like Jay Bilas, Seth Davis, they're the guys who make me sound better and make the podcast worthwhile. The other guys? Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman, they really make it entertaining, and of course you can count on our trio show each Wednesday. The RSS feed is another way to keep the podcasts coming to you ASAP. We've got a Zune download link as well.