|Once again, Duke vs. UNC tonight. But Duke's loss at home to Miami has tempered the anticipation for this game. (AP)|
By Matt Norlander
After last night's Florida-Kentucky game, Parrish settled into the Gators' locker room and taped this podcast. Goodman was at his home, and I was just happy the connection stayed strong.
We've got a consistent, basketball-heavy edition of the pod today. Normally that's not always the case, with Parrish, Goodman or myself tossing in some non-hoops stories. Actually, that eventually happens too, but this one stays on message for most of the 36 minutes we talk.
The obvious topics:
- From the beginning: After the way Kentucky won so convincingly, and how Ohio State barely got by Purdue, is it now that UK is on a shelf higher than other teams? I say no, but Goodman and Parrish disagree.
- 8:00: The first segment is more Kentucky and Florida. This is the Ohio State talk.
- 13:20: Parrish will be at tonight's Duke-UNC game, which doesn't have the urgency it's had in the past. Duke is coming off that loss to Miami, and a double-digit fall to UNC wouldn't be shocking at all.
- 15:44: Somehow we get into Las Vegas, ATM, strip club stories. If I don't run this ship tightly then it stands to get really, really sketchy territory.
- 18:20: Back on topic with Duke.
- 22:00: We address UConn and The guys also hammer UConn for its incredible fall as of late. Goodman puts Calhoun in a wheelchair while coaching.
- 27:00: In other news, Memphis is headed to the Big East. Why is that really good for Memphis, really good for the Big East and not all that great for Memphis coach Josh Pastner?
- 32:00: You think we can end this on a graceful note? Of course we can't.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to listen to the podcast--whenever you can. I ask that you, if you like what we're doing here, encourage like-minded hoopheads to subscribe in Tunes as well. Guests like Jay Bilas, Seth Davis, they're the guys who make me sound better and make the podcast worthwhile. The other guys? Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman, they really make it entertaining, and of course you can count on our trio show each Wednesday. The RSS feed is another way to keep the podcasts coming to you ASAP. We've got a Zune download link as well.