Posted by Bryan Fischer
Happy Friday everybody! Enjoy the links as the second to last recruiting weekend before Signing Day takes hold.
- Virginia Tech is looking at South Florida wide out Robert Lockhart. The surprise offer from the Hokkies - he learned about it on an official visit - certainly shakes up Lockhart's recruitment.
- Georgia offensive line coach Stacy Searels has left to take the same position at Texas but his Bulldog recruits are staying put and headed to Athens.
- Tight end Chris Barnett has shaken up his recruitment by officially visiting Miami and Michigan the next two weeks. An Arkansas commit, it sounds like Barnett could go a number of different ways on or after Signing Day.
- Washington has picked up a new commitment, this time from Southern California. A 6-foot-7, 270 pound defensive end, Stephan Nembot was previously a Washington State verbal commitment. He has a great story too, having just started playing football two years ago after coming to the United States from California.
- The weekend could be even bigger for the Huskies as Army All-American QB Jacoby Brissett will head to the Northwest for an official visit.
- Ole Miss is in the hunt for highly ranked linebacker C.J. Johnson and down the road at Mississippi State, things are gearing up for the 'crazy period.'