Posted by Bryan Fischer
We have officially entered a ‘dead period’ according to the NCAA recruiting calendar but the recruiting news is anything but.
- Big rumor out of Los Angeles that USC -commit De’Anthony Thomas has flipped to Oregon this weekend. Of course this would be a huge flip but it is – as these things are – just a rumor at this point. Here’s a look at all of the recruits for Oregon at the moment.
- Wide receiver Kyle Washington has committed to Colorado in the latest addition to Jon Embree’s first class.
- Miami picked up the commitment of B.J. Dubose , over Florida State , LSU and Louisville .
- Pitt’s strong closing weekend continued by picking up the commitments of Orlando (FL) safety Roderick Ryles and linebacker LaQuentin Smith .
- Arizona dipped into Southern California to grab offensive lineman Faitele Faafoi .
- Some details on linebacker Kent Turene , who will choose from USC, Georgia , Nebraska and Texas Tech .
- The twists and turns of tight end Chris Barnett’s recruitment continue, as the Arkansas commit visited Michigan and detailed the trip here .
- A detailed list of all the commitments to ACC Coastal Division schools.
- UCF picked up a big, speedy receiver in Rannell Hall Sunday night. Will be very interesting to see all the weapons that head coach George O’Leary gets to surround Knights quarterback Jeff Godfrey .
- Arkansas picked up defensive end Trey Flowers after the Hunstville (AL) product took the risk of losing his scholarship to Georgia Tech with a trip to see the Hogs, who he did not have a scholarship from prior to the trip.
1/31 Recruiting Roundup
Posted on: January 31, 2011 9:28 am
Edited on: January 31, 2011 4:55 pm