- Kansas- Most think the 3 unbeaten's are interchangeable, but Kansas straight up waxed Nebraska and Oklahoma. They can beat you with their O, they can beat you with their D, and they're deep. The Big XII will have them battle tested come March, believe that.
- Memphis- They have the best resume in the country right now, but that will change now that it's time for conference play. Let's hope they remember how to compete at a high level for the tourney.
- North Carolina- An offensive juggernaut, but they have a very porous D. Their backcourt took a big hit when Frasor went down for the year, it leaves a huge drop-off between Ty Lawson and Quentin Thomas. UNC was desperate enough to try Danny Green at PG, that won't get it done. If Lawson goes down, they're done for. Hansbrough can't carry this team by himself since he doesn't have a consistent threat down low with him to bail him out.
- UCLA- I've been skeptical of this team for a while, especially since I've only seen them play Texas, Michigan State and Michigan. But after watching the Washington State game, I can see why everyone on the west coast has been jocking them all year. Love is one of the most fundamentally sound players in the country and he has a high energy guy in Matta(-Real) to bang down low with him. This team will go as far as Collison will take them.
- Duke- This is the best small-ball team in the land. They're deep at the guard and wing position and they can keep up with any team in the nation, this team has some incredible athletes. When they are playing at the top of their game, nobody other than the four teams listed above them can stop Duke. Unfortunately Duke has 0 post game whatsoever (damn you Pattrick Patterson). In their only loss to Pitt, DeJuan Blair had 20 boards, Lance Thomas and Brian Zoubek combined for 3.
- Washington State- They win games against lesser teams with their D, but they're just not athletic enough to keep up with the 5 teams above them. Tony Bennett is getting the most out of his roster.
- Indiana- Best inside/outside combo in the country with Eric Gordon and DJ White. This team is the class of the Big Ten especially when A.J. Ratliff gets back in to game shape
- Tennessee- They are HOT right now with recent wins at Xavier, Gonzaga and a blowout at South Carolina. If Chris Lofton ever finds his stroke again, look out for Tennessee.
- Marquette- Puzzling team. They took Duke down to the wire, get blown out by West Virginia, and then absolutely blew the doors off of Notre Dame.
- Texas A&M- I haven't seen them in action yet, just heard stories. Kind of like how one of my buddies tells me how much game he has with the ladies.
- Michigan State
- Rhode Island
- Arizona State
The Unbiased Top 25
Posted on: January 16, 2008 4:29 pm
Edited on: January 16, 2008 4:42 pm