1. (+1) WSU (4-1): Looked impressive coming from behind against Oregon, completely man-handled Oregon State.
2. (-1) UCLA (4-1): That home loss to USC hurts, but they’re still top of the PAC.
3. (+1) Stanford (4-2): They weren’t impressive in either of their wins, but they got the job done and protected their home floor.
4. (+2) UofA (2-3): That road loss to Stanford was close, especially considering how poorly they shot. Put up a great team effort against CAL and showed that they can win on the road even when over-matched down low.
5. (-2) OU (3-3): The loss against WSU was expected, until they started the game 12-2 but couldn’t keep it up. A loss to Washington hurts, even if it is on the road.
6. (+2) USC (2-3): I had a hard time not putting them in the 5 spot because that win over UCLA was impressive. Until they can show that it’s not a one game occurrence they don’t belong in the top half of the conference.
7. (-2) ASU (4-1): Tied for first in the standings, but have gotten there by fortunate timing to face UA and OU, and it took double-overtime to beat CAL, and they were worthless without Pendergraph against Stanford. They began to unravel this week and soon enough will prove that they are the most overrated team in the country.
8. (+1) UW (2-3): Looked impressive holding home court over Oregon by tripping up the streaky Ducks, but they got lucky against Oregon State. Fortunately for them CAL did worse than they did, otherwise they’d still hold the #9 spot.
9. (-2) CAL (2-4): Getting swept by the Arizona schools on their home court is no way to stay competitive in the PAC-10. They’re fighting for one of the last spots in the conference tournament.
10. (0) OSU (0-6): No surprise they lost two more. That game against Washington was a heart breaker. Gives you the idea that at one point they’ll pull of a huge upset in Corvallis.