1. Rashard Mendenhall (RB-IL) - If the Bears want a QB in the draft, it will have to happen in this round. Chances are the Bears won't do that given the remarkable duds they've drafted in the first round in previous drafts (Cade McNown, trading a first round for Rick Mirer). Mendenhall is someone who could help the Bears right now and a one two punch of Mendenhall and Cedric Benson will be a tough one. Given the fact that the starting OL wil be better than the previous year (Starks/Adams, Roberto Garza, Olin Kruetz, Scott/Womack, and John Tait) the running gme should see a huge jump in productivity.
2. Gosder Cherilus (OT - BC) - The Bears could easily go with a WR like Earl Doucet, Mario Manningham, Andre Caldwell, or Limas Sweed, last year showed the Bears you can never have enough oline talent. If Lance Briggs leaves Chicago, then Ali Highsmith could be a good pick here.
3. Marcus Griffin (FS - Texas) - Last year also showed the Bears that they better be prepared for injuries in the secondary. I personally believe that Marcus Griffin could be better than his brother Michael Griffin.
4. Steve Justice (C - Wake Forest) - Might as well get Olin Kreutz's replacement ready. He'll be 31 in June.
5. Colt Brennan (QB - Hawaii) - The Bears fanbase would throw a French Revolution style revolt if we endured another year of Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, and Brian Griese. With the exrenrions of Rex and Orton, the writing is on the wall for Griese. The best QB and probably best player available at this point is Colt Brennan. That's not to say that the Bears can't just draft another one next year too.
6. Carlton Powell (DT - Virginia Tech) - Dusty Dvoracek, like Mike Brown, needs to stay healthy. Anthony Adams and Matt Toeina proved to be better than expected last year but with Darwin Walker out of the picture, the Bears need to add depth with the best available DT.
7. J Leman (ILB - Illinois) - He was wearing a walking cast during the combine which will afect his draft status. If he is still here, he will prove to be a steal, possibly the steal of the draft.