Picture in your mind, the No. 3 offense meeting the No. 3 defense for the national championship.
In the afterglow of LSU-Alabama, Oklahoma State-LSU seems fairly appealing.
It’s looking more and more like the humble Cowboys of Stillwater are going to get their chance against LSU. Oklahoma State moved up to No. 2 in the latest Power Poll after surviving Kansas State 52-45. The Cowboys have done with an offense that has averaged more than 50 points per game (No. 3 in total offense). LSU, well, do you have to ask? (No. 3 in total defense).
Oklahoma State has scored at least 52 five times. LSU has held five opponents to single digits.
Points or defensive pounding? The BCS title game could decide which philosophy is best.
This week's almighty Power Poll ...
1. LSU – Touchdowns? We don’t need no stinking touchdowns.
2. Oklahoma State – After throwing up 52 on Kansas State, Mike Gundy says, “ … they [LSU-Alabama] should be watching us.”
3. Stanford – Goes for sweep of [state of] Oregon this week against Ducks.
4. Alabama – All the breathless breakdowns forgot to account Bama kickers batting .333.
5. Boise State – Kellen Moore becomes all-time winningest quarterback in history.
6. Oregon – NCAA? Injuries? Issues? Ducks at full speed for Stanford after whipping U-Dub.
7. Oklahoma – If you had any doubts about Oklahoma State being the best team in the Big 12 consider the Sooners have now lost their leading rusher (Dominique Whaley) and receiver (Ryan Broyles).
8. Virginia Tech – Should decide ACC Coastal Thursday at Georgia Tech.
9. Clemson – Bitter loss to Georgia Tech doesn’t taste any better a week later.
10. Arkansas -- Best reason for lifting the two-team BCS bowl limit.
11.Penn State – Silas Redd led the country in rushing in October with 703 yards.
12. Houston – Timmy Chang we hardly knew ya.
13. Nebraska – Huskers could have used some legends vs. Northwestern. Nebraska gave up control of Legends Division.
14. Michigan State – Sparty needs 10-point fourth-quarter rally to beat Goldy. That enough hip mascot references for you?
15. Wisconsin – Two pass completions in the final 30 seconds against Michigan State and Ohio State keep Badgers from competing for national championship.
16. South Carolina – How bad is the SEC East? The Gamecocks still might win it.
17. Georgia – Seven consecutive wins have come over teams with a combined record of 24-33.
18. Georgia Tech – Hokies and Jackets have a week off before huge Thursday clash.
19. USC – Just to reiterate, it doesn’t matter that Trojans are in a three-way tie for the Pac-12 South. They can’t win it.
20. TCU – Frogs run for 390 yards and it could have been worse for Wyoming. TCU loses four fumbles.
21. Michigan – Is it just me or shouldn’t Denard Robinson run at least once down near the goal line there at the end against Iowa.
22. Kansas State – Cats have given up 110 points the past two weeks and can hold their heads high.
23. Cincinnati – Butch Jones, national coach of the year candidate?
24. Southern Miss – Larry Fedora building his case for the Arizona job.
25. (tie) UCLA – Is it possible for Slick Rick to win the Pac-12 South while on the hot seat?
Texas – Mack Brown quietly building toward a 10-2 season.