It's a big football weekend at Southern California.
Perhaps you've heard.
But it's worth noting that Tim Floyd, Bob Cantu and the rest of the USC basketball staff will also have a lot at stake over the next 48 hours as the Trojans host what could be the best group of recruits to visit a campus at one time in the history of the sport. There is no way to prove that statement, of course. But if you know of a school that has ever produced a more significant list of visitors feel free to shoot me a note and let me know
Anyway here's a list of basketball prospects expected to be at USC-Ohio State game.
(Class ranking, if available, in parenthesis)
-- 2009 --
- Renardo Sidney (ranked fifth by Scout.com)
- Kenny Boynton (ranked eighth by Scout.com)
- Jordan Hamilton (ranked 13th by Scout.com)
- Tyler Honeycutt (ranked 21st by Scout.com)
- Noel Johnson (ranked 58th by Scout.com)
- Terrence Boyd (ranked 82nd by Scout.com)
- Shaunessy Smith
- Derrick Williams
-- 2010 --
- Josh Smith (ranked fourth by Scout.com)
- Jeremy Tyler (ranked seventh by Scout.com)
- Anthony Brown (ranked 51st by Scout.com)
- Gary Franklin
-- 2011 --
- Kyle Caudill
Add it up, and that's nine prospects ranked in the Top 85 of their respective classes -- including five Top 15 guys -- expected to be on campus in either an official or unoffical capacity -- plus Caudill, who is considered one of the better sophomores in the nation (it's just that Scout.com and Rivals.com only rank sophomores through the Top 10, and he's not in that group). So, like I said, this is a huge weekend for USC basketball. And with that, let's get back to the Beanie Wells Watch, can we?