It went like this:
- Big Ten
- Big 12
- Big East
So let me explain my thinking.
Here goes ...
First -- and though I know some will disgree with this part -- I just think there are two Big Ten teams (Michigan State and Ohio State) better than any team in the Big 12, so that's one reason I went with the Big Ten, because of the strength at the top. Beyond that, I have five Big Ten schools ranked in the preseason (Michigan State, Ohio State, Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue) as opposed to just four Big 12 teams (Kansas State, Baylor, Kansas and Missouri), so that's another reason. And the third reason is because if the best were matched against the best (in the order listed in my league previews), the Big Ten would win any Big Ten-Big 12 Challenge.
These would be the matchups:
- No. 1 Michigan State vs. No. 1 Kansas State
- No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 2 Baylor
- No. 3 Illinois vs. No. 3 Kansas
- No. 4 Wisconsin vs. No. 4 Missouri
- No. 5 Purdue vs. No. 5 Texas
- No. 6 Minnesota vs. No. 6 Texas A&M