Virginia's surprising win over Minnesota on Monday makes it a safer prediction than it would've otherwise been. But I would've gone with the ACC even if Minnesota had won based on how I've projected the other 10 games.
Here's a look:
- Iowa at Wake Forest: Wake Forest
- Georgia Tech at Northwestern: Northwestern
- Ohio State at Florida State: Ohio State
- Michigan at Clemson: Clemson
- North Carolina at Illinois: Illinois
- Indiana at Boston College: Boston College
- North Carolina State at Wisconsin: Wisconsin
- Purdue at Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech
- Maryland at Penn State: Maryland
- Michigan State at Duke: Duke
And, no, this will not "prove" the ACC is better than the Big Ten. I could easily take the 22 teams involved and schedule them in a way that would allow the Big Ten to take the trophy. In other words, this event is decided by the matchups and where the games are played, and little more. It's a terrific three nights of basketball, obviously. But it's not a good way to determine which league is stronger on an annual basis.