It would be a mistake for Skip Bertman not to call him.
But there are reasons Floyd might opt to remain at Southern California despite LSU being his "dream" job. For those unfamiliar with his set-up, here are a few bullet points to outline the advantages of staying put:
- The Galen Center is a fabulous, brand-new facility.
- The Los Angeles recruiting base is large and filled with prospects.
- Stoneridge Prep is just down the road and a perfect place to stash recruits.
- Class of 2008 star Demar DeRozen is set to enroll this summer and play next season.
- Class of 2009 star Renardo Sidney will likely commit to USC if Floyd remains the coach.
And that's why guys like Anthony Grant (VCU), Andy Kennedy (Ole Miss) and Tony Bennett (Washington State) might make a little more sense than Floyd -- Grant and Kennedy more than Bennett, it's worth noting -- because they would be giving up less to relocate and have more to gain by doing it.