Nine high school basketball players left the United States today for Brazil, where they will compete against some of the top teams from South America on a Nike-sponsored trip. The Americans will visit three cities and play four games before returning next Saturday.
Here's a list of the participants:
(College situation is in parenthesis)
- Avery Bradley (uncommitted)
- Jamal Coombs-McDaniel (committed to Connecticut)
- Keith Gallon (uncommitted)
- Xavier Henry (uncommitted)
- Milton Jennings (committed to Clemson)
- Tommy Mason-Griffin (committed to Oklahoma)
- Alex Oriakhi (committed to Connecticut)
- Daniel Orton (uncommitted)
- Phil Pressey (uncommitted)
Two of those players -- Jennings and Pressey -- were subjects of columns at CBSSports.com this week.
Pressey is the only Class of 2010 prospect competing.
Everybody else is from the Class of 2009.
Also worth noting is that the group will be joined on the trip by Brazilian Anderson Varejao of the Cleveland Cavaliers.