As we the Oakland Raiders embark on the 2008 NFL season, there are many questions facing the Silver and Black. Many of these questions are need to be successfully answered for the Raiders to continue to improve under second year coach Lane Kiffin.
- Stopping the Run - Absolutely necessary in the AFC West
- Pass Protection - If JaMarcus Russell is to succeed, he needs some time
- Running Game - A dominate run game can go a long way in helping JaRuss as well as keeping the defense fresh
- Zach Miller - The only sure catch receiver we have ( even if a Tight end ) and appears to be the Dave Casper or Todd Christensen
- Wide Receiver - Someone, Anyone want to step their game up?
The Raiders finally took strides last year under rookie Coach Kiffin. If he is to be back in 2009 the team must build off of last year with marked improvement. I don't think Mr Davis will settle for anything less than 8-8. He spent a lot of money in the off season. Was it spent wisely well, some perhaps especially Gibril Wilson. But to bring in players to franchise that has been hurting for a few years...you have to over pay them.
With Monday night looming on the other side of this weekend, I have more hope and expectations than I've had in years. Down with the Donkeys.