1. Boston Red Sox - They are still the world champions and they have a solid rotation even without Curt Schilling for most of the year. Very good lineup with Manny Ramirez, Mike Lowell, and David Ortiz.
2. Detroit Tigers - Their lineup is second to none, with the additions of Miguel Cabrera, Edgar Renteria, and Jacque Jones to the lineup they are going to be very tough to stop or even slow down. The starting rotation has the potential to be a top 5 rotation. Justin Verlander is the ace of the staff, Dontrelle Willis will come out of his 2 year slump.
3. Los Angeles Angels - With the addition of Torii Hunter this lineup just got a little more pop to it and better protection for Vladimir Guerrero. The starting rotation is top 5 in the major leagues with Jared Weaver, and John Lackey leading the way. I don't think K -Rod will be a distraction even with the contract situation.
4. New York Mets - Johan Santana will help out alot. They got a steal in this trade because they got to keep Jose Reyes and David Wright. They have had questions about their rotation in years past but with the addition of Johan those questions have been answered.
5. New York Yankees - As much as I don't like the Yankees they are a good baseball team year in and year out. The lineup is 2nd in the leauge behind Detroit. Their starting pitching is very young besides Andy Pettite and Mike Mussina.