- Adam Wainwright: GS-34, CG-1, W-L: 19-8, IP-233.0, K-212, BB-66, ERA: 2.63
- Chris Carpenter: GS-28, CG-3, W-L: 17-4, IP-192.2, K-144, BB-38, ERA: 2.24
- Tim Lincecum: GS-32, CG-4, W-L: 15-7, IP-225.1, K-261, BB-68, ERA: 2.48
- Josh Johnson: GS-33, CG-2, W-L: 15-5, IP-209.0, K-191, BB-58, ERA: 3.23
- Jorge De La Rosa: GS-32, CG-0, W-L: 16-9, IP-185.0, K-193, BB-83, ERA: 4.38
2009 NL Cy Young
Posted on: October 17, 2009 12:04 pm
I think it'll come down to one of the two Cardinals pitchers for this award. Carpenter will probably get it but there's a good case for Wainwright to win it, based on the stats/numbers. Wainwright had more starts, more wins, more Ks, and his ERA is less than .4 higher than Carpenter's. Carpenter did have more complete games in his fewer starts, only 38 walks in 192 innings pitched, and only 4 losses. Here's my picks for the NL Cy Young Award.