The trash talking has started, and boy is it good.
It's Week 3 of the All-Female Fantasy Football League, and so far five teams are 2-0 (Linday Jones, Suzie Silvestri, Monique Walker, Vicki Smith and Kim Broder), Amber Wilson and Lauren Shehadi are 1-1, and five teams are 0-2 (Ashley Phagan, Alison London, Anita Marks, Brandie Taylor and Lesley Visser).
This week's games are highlighted by the CBS Showdown between Shehadi and Visser, and Shehadi is all fired up. Shehadi said she idolizes Visser for all her work in sports journalism, "but that doesn't mean I'm backin' down."
In other games, it's Suzie vs. Monique, Vicki vs. Kim, Amber vs. Brandie, Anita vs. Lindsay and Ashley vs. Alison. It should be a good weekend, especially with all the talk on the message boards.
Some examples ...
- well, ladies.....2 weeks in and congrats to several people with some big scores (that seem to all be while playing me!). for my part - I guess I can't stage a comeback unless I lose a couple games! This week will be different!! :) --Ashley
- I can't believe I won this week ... But I did! Sorry Brandie, not even Tony Romo (A Place For Ribs) could bail you out this time. My team may not seem to be that tough, but I have pulled off 2 solid wins! -- Kim
- Yeah but I won ... both weeks without Steve Smith and Willis McGahee! Some call it luck - I call it skill ... Defending Champ -- Suzie
- I work all day long with alleged "Fantasy expert" Jamey Eisenberg, I want my money back...he's dead to me. -- Lauren
- I am moving to bimini. -- Lesley
- That's some serious "smack from the lucky", Kim!!! You need to win a game where your opponent scores at least 70 points!!!!!!!! I could have won your first game with Brady out!! (I'm just jealous of your luck - can someone please have a bad week while
playing me!??!) -- Ashley