Let's pay some homage to the season that was 2009-1010.
A few things to look back at -
- The Oklahoma City Thunder, a great run even after a sluggish start. Coach Brooks had this team believeing in themselves and you can't deny the talent that is Kevin Durant. A point in Russel Westbrook and a 4 in Jeff Green that will keep ths core dangerous for years to come. Not to mention Serge Ibaka, a found role player who plays with grit and heart night in and out.
- The Charlotte Bobcats make their first post season in franchise history, albeit short lived Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace led the athletic team into the 1st round when it wasn't expected.
- The Sixers failed to live up to expectations even with star Andre Iguodala and a talented young gun in Louis Williams. Hopefully better thhings on the horizon for Philly.
- The Nets and Knicks had lousy seasons, but continue to compile two talented rosters and expectations of signing LeBron James.
- The Bulls once again made the postseason after a strong finish to just hedge out Chris Bosh and the Raptors. Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah tried to keep hope alive, but no one else fought with them. Bad fire of Vinny Del Negro, the new coach has expectations galore.
- The Hornets slip from the postseason due to Chris Paul going down hard and early, but they will be back as Darren Collison showed his stripes and stars as a rookie filling a superstar role
- Big ups to Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry as these two rookies went neck and neck for ROY honors, honorable mention to the undersized, no ACLs DeJuan Blair to an amazing season with the Spurs.
- The resurgence of Manu Ginobili just wasn't enough as the Spurs fell to the Suns...
- The Suns with a Cinderella like story led by the vet Steve Nash and a resurgent Amare Stoudamire. The Suns bench and role players were huge this season for this team and Grant Hill found new life.
- The Magic fell short of the rematch and the Cavaliers did what they do best, both teams with high hopes fell flat...
- Deron Williams recieved love for his game, but had to many key teammates hurt to make a strong push
- The Nuggets were the dissapointment of the NBA, although Coach Karl was diagnosed with cancer and was forced to be at home rather than leading his troops to battle.
To the Boston Celtics, who were to old, to injured and to out of it to compete. On their way to a 2nd finals appearance in 3 years the Celtics surprised critics world wide when taking down the Cavaliers, Heat and Magic. They have been on a mission since the post season started and nobody but Celtics players anf fans knew it was possible.
The Los Angeles Lakers, led by Kobe Bryant and some huge game winners finished first in the West and fought their way through a young Thunder team, a beaten Jazz team and the surprise Suns. They look to redeem themselves from 08 in what so far has been a classic series.
Which leaves us at game 6, the end is near for both teams, one victor and one defeated. The Celtics hold the 3-2 lead, but are faced with a tall task of winning in LA. They have done it before, but certainly not under these circumstances. The Lakers look to tie the series up and should come out firing, in what will be an epic game 6, tales will be written tonight.
"Tonight, We dine in Hell"
The season that was 2009-2010
Feel free to add your own or comment.