Enjoy the read gang:
- The Bengals are looking to make a splash early in free agency. They have signed WR Matt Jones, and are reportedely working out CB Adam "Pacman" Jones. The Titans were also interested in WR Matt Jones and offered him a contract, but he chose to go to Cincinnati. I have no idea why two teams were competing for this guy. He's been nothing but trouble the past few seasons. Apparently, the Bengals like Jones' size and the fact that he came at a cheap price.
- Word has it the Saints may ask Reggie Bush to restructure his contract. If he refuses and is released, there are a number of possible landing spots that makes sense for Bush. The Seahawks need a RB, and under this scenario, Reggie Bush would be reunited with his former college head coach Pete Carroll. It is also believed that the Lions and the 49ers would be interested in his services.
- The latest trade rumor involves Cowboys RB Tashard Choice being traded to the Chargers for CB Antonio Cromartie. A rumor is likely all this is. An actual trade is unlikely. Choice is happy in Dallas in his back-up role, and the Chargers are most likely to turn to the draft for their RB of the future.
- Free agent WR Donte Stallworth recently worked out for the Detroit Lions.
- Sal Paolantonio reported that the Browns, Broncos, and Bills have all had conversations with the Eagles about Donovan McNabb. However, word is the Eagles are telling teams that McNabb and Kevin Kolb are "off limits". League insiders believe the Eagles are simply posturing to up the trade value of the two QB's, and beleive at least one of these QB's will be traded at some point this offseason. It is believed that the price the Eagles would want for McNabb would be at least a 1st round pick. More realistically, they'll settle for a 2nd and perhaps a 5th.
- Bengals LB Rey Maualuga is scheduled to enter rehab at the end of the month for about 30 days; maybe longer. It is possible he will miss the beginning of the team's offseason conditioning program, which will begin in late March.
- The Bills have hired former Lions special teams coordinator Stan Kwan as an assistant in the same capacity.
- The Broncos have hired former Kent State LB's coach Craig Aukerman as a defensive assistant.
- Word out of Tampa is that the Buccaneers will not be very active in free agency and will look to build the team through the draft.
Just asking, but..........................
- Do the Eagles really think they're fooling anyone when they claim they're keeping all 3 of their current QB's?
- Is Mike Martz REALLY the answer in Chicago? What happened to the Bears being a running football team?
- Will Michael Turner bounce back from an injury-plagued, dissapointing '09 season and return to '08 form?
- Why do the Panthers have NO plans to pursue a QB this offseason? Can somoene explain that one to me? Anyone???
- With Raheem Morris known for liking to run the ball, do the Buccaneers go after a RB this offseason?
- Why are Cardinals fan panicking? Is Matt Leinart really THAT horrible? He did OK in spot duty last season, the coaches believe in him, and he's got the best WR's in the league to throw to. What are you guys worried about? What's the problem?
- Is it time for the 49ers to upgrade at RB? Or is Glen Coffee their future? Their plan to be a power running team failed miserably last year. Just saying.............
- Pete Carroll seems happy with Matt Hasselbeck as his starting QB. Should Seahawks fans be worried? Where are the Seahawks plans for future QB? Hasselbeck is turning 35 next season, and didn't exactly light it up in '09. Just saying..............
- If the Rams draft DT Ndamukong Suh like 19 out of 20 mock drafts predict, what do THEY do at QB? Can they really go through Marc Bulger for another year? Or, do the Michael Vick rumors become a reality?
(AFC questions in my next blog)