We are about half-way through the year, and since I did a preseason prediction, I thought I'd do a mid-season one.
Here were the preseason predictions:
1. Michigan State 15-3
2. Purdue 14-4
3. Ohio State 12-6
4. Michigan 12-6
5. Minnesota 11-7
6. Illinois 11-7
7. Wisconsin 9-9
8. Northwestern 6-12
9. Indiana 4-14
10. Penn State 4-14
11. Iowa 1-17
Here are the new predictions and changes:
1. Michigan State 15-3- This team will perform well. In my mind they are still the best team in the Big Ten.
2. Purdue 15-3- A close second to the Spartans.
3. Wisconsin 13-5- This team made the biggest jump of all the teams. They are experienced, and Bo Ryan could easily lead them to another Big 10 championship.
4. Minnesota 11-7- This will be a team to watch for during tourney time.
5. Illinois 10-8
6. Ohio State 10-8- So far this team has been very dissapointing to me, yes, they did lose their best player, but he's back, and they still lost one of their two games.
7. Michigan 9-9
8. Northwestern 6-12- They were ranked for the first time, in what? 60 years? They went down quickly after that.
9. Indiana 6-12- This team will lose some their not supposed to, and win some. I think at home Indiana will always give the other team a run for their money.
10. Penn State 3-15- I really don't know for sure where this team stands.
11. Iowa 1-17- They will win one. Right now it's looking gloomy, but they will win one, i just don't know against who right now.