A few notes on the Joe Blanton trade from around the Blogosphere...
- The Fightins wonder if acquiring Blanton was a good move and feel that J.A. Happ deserved another shot to grab a spot in the rotation.
- The 700 Level says that Blanton is not the #2 starter that the Phils needed, but he does add depth to the rotation.
- Phillies Nation wonders if the Phils could now flip Brett Myers (and change) to the Rockies for Matt Holliday.
- Philliesflow feels that trading for Blanton was a move that needed to be made, but wonder if the Phillies overpaid for a starter who was struggling in a pitcher's park.
- Beerleaguer feels that at worst Blanton is a Jon Lieber-type, but could be a strong starter for the rest of '08. However, they are worried about Blanton beyond this season.
- Athletic Supporters feels that the Blanton deal will have little impact on the '08 A's but could put the team in a better position to dip their feet into the free agency waters after the season.
- Catfish Stew is surprised at the quality of the prospects that the A's were able to land for Blanton.
Cork Gaines writes for Rays Index and can be reached here (firstname.lastname@example.org).