Some random links as we head toward the trade deadline, from the Blogosphere...
- One writer at Bugs and Cranks thinks that the Rockies should not lower their demand for Brian Fuentes and feels that the Cardinals are the most likely team to land the closer.
- UmpBump wants the Rockies to keep Matt Holliday and would prefer moving Garrett Atkins, allowing Ian Stewart to play third.
- Meanwhile, another writer at Bugs and Cranks wants the Cardinals to pass on Matt Holliday and Jason Bay, but think St. Louis should go after George Sherrill and/or Fuentes.
- Outs Per Swing does not feel that the Rays need to add a player like Xavier Nady, but they are also skeptical that Rocco Baldelli can be the right-handed bat the team needs.
- MetsBlog does not see the Mets landing George Sherrill or Huston Street, noting the O's are asking for too much and the Mets will not meet the A's demands. MetsBlog also feels the Mets have more obvious holes than relief pitcher.
- River Ave. Blues says the recent success of Ian Kennedy in Triple A has given the Yankees a very big chip in the trade market.
- Drunk Jays Fans says Roy Halladay will not be traded, despite recent reports that the Jays were secretly shopping him.
Cork Gaines writes for RaysIndex and can be reached here (email@example.com).