Ok, so we are officially complete with the 2009 CPMD and crowned Skins champion. That means we now move our attention to the big daddy of all contests, the All Time Mock Draft:
1. "You Still Really Don't Want It With Us" / wildcatsfan1
2. "Revenge of the Smith" / Team of The Big B-Coach & Michigan Sports-GM
3. "The Legends" / Nuggets_SOS ( ATMD-08 Winner )
4. "gameplans.com" / North Harbour
5. "Kemp's Kids" or "Chrisper & Friends" / ChrisperJ10
6. "Ripnu Ginobiltons" / Team of MrRedSoxBaller-GM & BMu_1963-Coach
7. "The Ten Acid Deez" / axesstarr
8. g8trfan_1 ( Creator of ATMD )
9. "Bad News Joe" / Team of windy city joe-GM & BNW2-Coach
10. "The Sulphurous Nonentities" / blood_baller
12. "Josh Heytvelt's Shroom and Swish" / Team of Zagfan62 & BucFan40
13. "Dishing and Swishing" / kmvenne
14. "Death by Dunk" / Team of lakers2408 & nate75
15. "Roanoke Dimpstaffs" / Harst
16. "champinoship crew" / Team of tfitz & GoCavs33
* All posters that have confirmed their spot and look to be part of the contest.
Note: The idea of two posters getting together as a team has come up and is not a bad idea, if that helps in making sure there are no forfeits in the matches I am all for it. Feel free to contact someone and just post it on this blog.
There will be a Board of Directors ( BOD ) for this years Contest:
Chairman of the Board ( COTB ): The Big B
Board Member: Nuggets_SOS
Board Member: wildcatsfan1
Board Member: North Harbour
Board Member: g8trfan_1
*On matters of collusion or punishment/possible ejection of players, the COTB has total say.
*Problems before the Draft will be dealt with by the entire BOD, where majority ruling will decide the outcomes of rule structure, scheduling or game setup.
*Problems after the Draft ( during the matchups ) will be dealt with by at least 3 BOD, where majority ruling will decide the outcome of trading conflicts, rulings, or things that affect league balance.
TEAMS: Two Posters getting together and forming a team. The "GM" will be the one who takes part in the Draft / Confirm any Trades and the "Coach" will be the one responsible for submitting the gameplans in. But of course both members can help the other.
Draft Lottery Challenge: We will be all predicting the total score of two NBA first round playoff games ( Game 1 between the two 1vs8 Seeds in each Conference ). Whoever guesses closest to those game totals will get the first pick in the draft, the furthest away will get the last pick ( #16 ). I WILL CREATE A THREAD IN THE MAIN NBA THREADS. By 11:59 EST Friday, April 17th everyone will need to submit their predictions into me ( Nugs ) via pm in that thread, as I will send my own prediction into a Neutral third party ( TheSkins8 ) via pm the day before to avoid any questions. If someone neglects to submit their pick they will be automatically the last pick in the draft. Also, each Team needs to predict a tie-breaker total which will be the stat line of LeBron = ( total of his points, rebounds and assists ). The morning following the 2nd game I will reveal the draft order in a thread on the main board as well as the divisions of the first round of pool play.
For Instance you will submit to me: "385 points for the total of the two games, 48 points for LeBrons statline total".
Beginning Divisions: Slot each team based on their draft position: North would be 1,5,9,13 South would be 2,6,10,14 East would be 3,7,11,15 West would be 4,8,12,16.
NOTE: NO TRADES CAN BE FINALIZED UNTIL THE DRAFT OFFICIALLY BEGINS. There will time in between when we have determined the picking order and the beginning of the draft ( Wednesday, 4/22/09 ). You can discuss trading draft picks all you want but nothing is final until the draft thread is created, as that will be the place to announce any trades.
Rules for Draft:
- All players who have been in the NBA for at least 1 full year are eligible for the draft. That includes Michael Jordan ( who was not eligible last year ). Nobody is eligible that has played their entire career in the ABA.
- Number of rounds staying to 10, still snake style draft ( 1-16 on odd rounds, 16-1 on even rounds ).
- Unlimited trading allowed ( either picks or players ) during the draft. To be kept track by BOD's WCF and NH. Trading will no longer be permitted 6 hours after the final pick has been made ( team 10, pick 16 ).
- No trading of overall picking position, for instance if someone picks 3rd and if someone picks 5th, you can't swap picking position for the entire contest. Only can trade picks during particular rounds.
- Each draft pick time limit = 6 hours ( 10pmEST - 6amEST does not count toward the 6 hour time limit, but you can announce your selection during those hours ). If person doesn't draft in that time they are skipped and can come back anytime and announce their player as long as they are still available.
- You can change your mind on your selection as long as it's before the person picking after you announces their selection.
- Players are judged upon how they were in their prime of their career in the NBA, not how they played in the ABA for instance.
- Everyone MUST keep 3 players from their roster at the conclusion of the Draft for the entire contest, BOD NH and WCF will keep track of this throughout the contest.
- Teams consisting of 2 Posters: Either member of the team can announce who the selection is, unless you designate prior to the draft who is the person responsible for drafting, generally the "GM". ( Please check the Participant List to see if we have that designation for your team yet ).
Rules for Transaction Periods:
- Transaction Periods = 1. Trading Players 2. Drop Excess Players 3. Add / Drop Players
- Number of Transaction Periods = 2 total ( 1-After 1st pool games, 2-After 2nd pool games )
- "Drop Excess Players" list: At the conclusion of each trading period, just before the add drop. Anyone who has more than 10 players on their roster has to provide a list of who they are dropping into the free agent pool. If you don't provide the COTB your players you have to drop then he will pick them for you.
- "Add / Drop Period": Immediately following each trading period, order will be reverse order of seedings.
- Number of chances each team gets during the add / drop period is a maximum of 2, each Poster will have 4 hours to make their selection or they will be skipped, you can come back and select a player if you have been skipped as long as no one else has taken him and it's before the final selection which officially ends the process.
- Once you have announced your add / drop selection, you can only change your mind prior to the next Poster making their selection.
- Trading Players unevenly is allowed. For instance trading 3 players for 1 player. You must have at least 8 players after trading so that during the add / drop period you can get back to 10 players. If you are under 8 players when the trading period is over your last trade will be null and void. ( The SupaNugs Rule )
- For Transaction Period's trading restrictions include "Original" Players only. These are players that were on your roster prior to the Trading Period that leave your roster, any players you received from other deals don't count to that total.
- Getting a bonus if you vote more often during the matches, if you are part of a team then the total votes would get averaged between the two Posters ( we will round down ). For Transaction Periods the bonus structure will be the following ( note that we included the percentages because if a game is forfeited it will not count towards the total ):
*Vote on 0-5 Games (0-25%) - 1 Trade / 2 Players ( Possible expulsion, reviewed by BOD )
*Vote on 6-10 Games (26-50%) - 1 Trade / 3 Players
*Vote on 11-15 (51-75%) - 2 Trades / 5 Players
*Vote on 16-20 Games (76-99%) - 3 Trades / 6 Players
*Vote on 21 Games (100%) - 4 Trades / 7 Players
- Announcing of trades. Once a trade is announced in the threads by ALL parties involved it's final, one team can announce as the other team can say that "I agree". Try to avoid the skins/dcb/wcj problem that occured in the last contest.
Rules for Matches:
- Word Limits to gameplans, during pool periods (1000 word max ), during tournament ( 1200 word max ). Word Count does not include listing of rosters and minutes.
- Requirement that each Coach must list the minutes played of each player in the gameplan, no more "Match LeBrons minutes"
- Requirement that each player must be designated to a particular position in the gameplans, for example if you have Moses Malone, you must say that he's playing 30min at C, then 10min at PF.
- Penalty if someone does not turn in a gameplan, once = forfeit, twice = removal from contest.
- Games that go into overtime or get "enough" votes will just continue on and won't push the next set of games back to mess up schedule. ( minimum of 10 votes in each match ) Matches that are tied in point value after 3 days will go into an overtime period of 24 hours where whichever team is leading at that time wins the match. If it's tied still then we go into a sudden death period where the next vote wins.
- If someone doesn't turn in a gameplan they will lose the match by forfeit, the Poster who turned in their gameplan has the option to post only their gameplan for people to comment. Winning team gets an automatic 8 votes for and 0 votes against ( used for tie-breaking purposes )
- When both teams fail to turn in gameplans, both teams get a loss and nobody gets automatic votes for or against.
- Votes that are "Marginal" in the contest will need to be explained further, a marginal vote is one that shows clearly the Poster didn't read the gameplans and needs to explain the reasoning further. ( Only BOD members determines marginal votes )
- Voting value in the game threads:
*Votes from Sole Owners = 2 points
*Votes from Team Owners = 1 point
*Votes from non-participants = 1 point
Tie Breaking Procedures
- Winner of Pool Play Division if 2 teams have equal record: Head to Head winner.
- Winner of Pool Play Division if 3 teams have equal records: 1. Head to Head winner against other 2 teams. 1. Overall voting percentage in the current Pool Play.
- Placement of teams in next Pool Play: 1. Overall win-loss record 2. Overall voting percentage in previous pool play.
2009 ATMD Schedule:
Draft picking contest during first round of the NBA playoffs ( week of 4/20/09 ).
- Key date is Friday 4/17/09 when everyone will submit their guesses in.
Draft begins 4/22/09, goes for about 4 - 6 Weeks total <---PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE
Matches begin 6/1/09, goes for about 18 weeks which would end it around the first of October
Pool Play Round 1: Teams separated into four divisions ( North, South, East, West )
Monday, 6/01/09: North-1 vs North-4, North-2 vs North-3
Thursday, 6/04/09: South-1 vs South-4, South-2 vs South-3
Monday, 6/08/09: East-1 vs East-4, East-2 vs East-3
Thursday, 6/11/09: West-1 vs West-4, West-2 vs West-3
Monday, 6/15/09: North-1 vs North-2, North-3 vs North-4
Thursday, 6/18/09: South-1 vs South-2, South-3 vs South-4
Monday, 6/22/09: East-1 vs East-2, East-3 vs East-4
Thursday, 6/25/09: West-1 vs West-2, West-3 vs West-4
Monday, 6/29/09: North-1 vs North-3, North-2 vs North-4
Thursday, 7/03/09: South-1 vs South-3, South-2 vs South-4
Monday, 7/06/09: East-1 vs East-3, DEast-2 vs East-4
Thursday, 7/09/09: West-1 vs West-2, West-2 vs West-4 + Transaction Period #2
Pool Play Round 2: Teams placed into four groups ( A, B, C, D ) Winner of each starting division in A, 2nd in B, 3rd in C, 4th in D
Monday, 7/20/09: A1 vs A4, A2 vs A3
Thursday, 7/23/09: B1 vs B4, B2 vs B3
Monday, 7/27/09: C1 vs C4, C2 vs C3
Thursday, 7/30/09: D1 vs D4, D2 vs D3
Monday, 8/03/09: A1 vs A2, A3 vs A4
Thursday, 8/06/09: B1 vs B2, B3 vs B4
Monday, 8/10/09: C1 vs C2, C3 vs C4
Thursday, 8/13/09: D1 vs D2, D3 vs D4
Monday, 8/17/09: A1 vs A3, A2 vs A4
Thursday, 8/20/09: B1 vs B3, B2 vs B4
Monday, 8/24/09: C1 vs C3, C2 vs C4
Thursday, 8/27/09: D1 vs D2, D2 vs D4 + Transaction Period #3
Tournament: Seeds 1-4 from group A, Seeds 5-8 from group B, Seeds 9-12 from group C, Seeds 13-16 from group D
Monday, 9/07/09: ( Round 1 ) 1 vs 16, 8 vs 9
Thursday, 9/10/09: ( Round 1 ) 4 vs 13, 5 vs 12
Monday, 9/14/09: ( Round 1 ) 3 vs 14, 6 vs 11
Thursday, 9/17/09: ( Round 1 ) 2 vs 15, 7 vs 10
Monday, 9/21/09: ( Round 2 ) 1/16 vs 8/9, 4/13 vs 5/12
Thursday, 9/24/09: ( Round 2 ) 3/14 vs 6/11, 2/15 vs 7/10
Monday, 9/28/09: ( Round 3 ) 1st Seed bracket winner vs 4th Seed bracket winner
Thursday, 10/01/09: ( Round 3 ) 3rd Seed bracket winner vs 2nd Seed bracket winner
Tuesday, 10/06/09: ( Round 4 ) Championship Game
Contest Ends on Saturday, 10/10/09