First blog. Here it goes.
So, with training camp coming up, I thought I would try to organize this crapshoot we call the NFL.
3. San Diego Chargers- The first team I rank without a great QB. But L.T. is the best back in the leauge, and their defense is in my top 5.
5. New York Giants- You have to give some love to the defending champs. I think losing Strahan and Shockey will hinder their run at another superbowl title, but no one thought they could do it last year, right?
7. Seattle Seahawks- I know I might be a bit of a homer, but I honestly think the Hawks will be better than the Steelers, mainly because of their schedule, and the Packers, because of their QB situation.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers- A hard schedule will keep the Steelers fighting for the AFC North. But the Rashard Mendenhall pick was the steal of the draft.
9. Green Bay Packers- Despite the QB problems, their defense (and a terrible division) will lead them to an NFC North title.
10. Minnesota Vikings- My dark horse for a superbowl run. With just a little more assurance in their QB game would give them the division title. But, as far as I'm concerned, they aren't that Farve away. Gooood one.
11. Cleveland Browns- I'm not sure. They could be the best team in the AFC, or they could be a major disapointment. But the defense is MUCH improved because of their DT's.
13. New Orleans Saints- The Jonathan Vilma pick-up is my favorite of the offseason, and Jeremy Shockey gives them another dimension to their offense. In a weak NFC South division, they could be a suprise.
18. Arizona Cardinals- A talented offense, but their season's success depends on choosing the right quarterback.
20. Houston Texans- The Texans could have a brakeout season this year. But not good enough to make the playoffs in a tough AFC.
21. Denver Broncos- Jay Cutler is the key to the season for the Broncos. If he can stay healthy, the team will be improved from last season.
23. Chicago Bears- As far as we know, everyone's happy. But the Bears need to decide on Orton or Grossman. The defense will be the strong point again this year. What else is knew?
25. St. Louis Rams- Keep everyone healthy in St. Louis, and we could be looking at an exciting, suprising season for the Rams.
28. New York Jets- I don't expect much from the Jets this year. They need to decide who their QB will be.
32. Atlanta Falcons- The Falcons will be one of the main contenders for the #1 overall pick in 2009. Arthur Blank should probably start preparing.