1. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton, QB Auburn
In the end the upside is just too much to ignore – that and Jimmy Limo blows!
2. Denver Broncos – Von Miller, OLB Texas A&M
I don't get it but sounds like it will happen.
3. Buffalo Bills – Marcel Dareus, DE Alabama
Bills get lucky and get the second best player with the 3rd pick.
4. Cincinnati Bengals – A.J. Green, WR Georgia
Might be enough to make Carson change his mind.
5. Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Peterson, CB LSU
Best player in the draft.
6. Cleveland Browns – Nick Fairley, DT Auburn
Lots of things said about Fairley. Most probably are a bit unfair. The guy can play.
7. San Francisco 49ers – Blaine Gabbert, QB Missouri
Not positive it will be the 49ers selecting here but I think Gabbert goes in this spot.
8. Tennessee Titans – Julio Jones, WR Alabama
Kenny Britt is a ticking time bomb.
9. Dallas Cowboys – Tyron Smith, OT USC
Romo is not the same QB when he is pressured. Tyron is a natural pass protector.
10. Washington Redskins – Jake Locker, QB Washington
There are some that think Locker has Favre-like ability. Shanahan loves guys that can get out of the pocket and Locker’s completion percentage is much better on the move.
11. Houston Texans – Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska
The Texans secondary is god awful. Prince should start Day 1.
12. Minnesota Vikings – Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas
The Vikings need a QB and the competition will be fierce if / when free agency actually happens. They roll the dice here.
13. Detroit Lions – Robert Quinn, DE UNC
The Lions go D-line again. It worked in 2010!
14. St. Louis Rams – Cameron Jordan, DE California
Jordan will be a nice addition with Chris Long on the other side.
15. Miami Dolphins – J.J. Watt, DE Wisconsin
Miami needs D-line help. Watt is the best 5 technique in the draft.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Aldon Smith, DE Missouri
The Jaguars need a pass rusher. Smith or Kerrigan? I flipped a coin.
17. New England Patriots – Anthony Costanzo, OT Boston College
Costanzo played 4 positions during the Senior Bowl. Light isn’t getting any younger.
18. San Diego Chargers – Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado
The talent is just too great to pass on.
19. New York Giants – Mike Pouncey, OG/C Florida
If he’s available he’s a Giant.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Ryan Kerrigan, DE Purdue
The Bucs filled their interior last year. Time to get a guy who can play on the edge.
21. Kansas City Chiefs – Muhammad Wilkerson, DE/DT Temple
Wilkerson can play multiple positions on the D-line.
22. Indianapolis Colts – DaQuan Bowers, DE Clemson
The Colts appear to have missed last year on Jerry Hughes. Mathis will be a 31 year old free agent in 2012. They need to find a replacement and Bowers is a Top 10 talent.
23. Philadelphia Eagles – Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin
Jason Peters has been a major disappointment and his salary increases dramatically in 2012. Carimi can play RT and switch over to the left side if Peters doesn’t get his act together.
24. New Orleans Saints – Corey Liuget, DT Illinois
The Saints are so desperate for DT help they turned to Shaun Rogers. Great value here.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa
Clayborn fills a very large need in Seattle.
26. Baltimore Ravens – Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State
If they are going to put more of the offense in Joe’s hands they better give him some time to do it. Sherrod’s strength is pass-blocking.
27. Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Rudolph, TE Notre Dame
Tight end position is a staple in Mularkey’s offense.
28. New England Patriots – Danny Watkins, OG Baylor
Great fit for the Patriots. Arghhhh!!!!
29. Chicago Bears – Nate Solder, OT Colorado
Another swing and a miss at OT for the Bears.
30. New York Jets – Justin Houston, OLB Georgia
Nice weapon for Ryan.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Cameron Heyward, DE Ohio State
32. Green Bay Packers – Mark Ingram, RB Alabama
And the rich get richer. Incredible value.