So we are down to three unbeaten teams in the NFL after Minnesota lost to Pittsburgh this past week. Those teams will be at the top of our rankings but we will see a new team emerge into the rankings this week...read on to find out who it is...
1. New Orleans Saints (6-0) - The Saints survived a scare this past week against the Miami Dolphins. They were down by 21 in the first half and still managed to win by 11. Their offense is ridiculous and their defense in the second half is incredible. It is hard to find a weakness on this team. They have a tough game against the Falcons who really didn't show up agains an up and down Cowboys team. This is a divisional game though, teams always show up for rivalry matches...could this be the week the Saints finally lose?
2. Indianapolis Colts (6-0) - The Colts offense looked incredible last week, of course they were playing what basically amounts to a division 2 college football team in the St. Louis Rams. Still, Peyton Manning looks unstoppable this season and their division is a joke. The Colts look they are headed to another AFC championship game, unless of course, they lose as the favorite again in the early rounds of the playoffs.
3. Denver Broncos (6-0) - The Broncos are coming off a bye week which the desperately needed to get some of their veteran players healthy. Now they head into Baltimore in a game which most people will expect Baltimore to win. Teams coming off a bye seem to have more than enough time to prepare and gameplan for their opponent and I like Denver to win this game and remain undefeated. Their defense has been playing incredible and Kyle Orton continues to protect the ball. All of that adds up to another Bronco's victory.
4. Minnesota Vikings (6-1) - The Vikings fell from the ranks of the unbeaten this week against the Pittsburgh Steelers. This week they play one of the most hyped games in recent memory in the NFL, Favre playing his first game at Lambeau as an opponent. This is a very big game for the Green Bay Packers...they are a half game back in the division and they have already lost once this season to the Vikings. Can the Vikings rebound from the crushing defeat by the Steelers? Can Aaron Rodgers come out of Brett Farve's shadow in Green Bay? We will find out on Sunday!
5. Cincinnati Bengals (5-2) - It was difficult to find a team to put at number 5 this week in our rankings. There were a couple of teams that could have slid in but overall I believe Cincinnati deserves to be here, especially coming off the 45-10 drumming of Chicago last week. Chicago was supposed to be a team that would compete for their division and Cincinnati just absolutely destroyed them. They sit atop the AFC north and have wins over both Pittsburgh and Baltimore. They are on a bye this week but the two weeks following will show us if they are for real as they have to face the Steelers and Ravens again.
That is it for this week's power rankings. Please make sure to visit us at http://www.moleandmeares.com or http://www.youtube.com/meares78 to check out our weekly NFL picks video.