It is that time of the week again, time for the official Mole & Meares NFL power rankings. Not much change this week as our top five teams all performed fairly well last week. This week could be different, here we go...
1. New Orleans Saints (7-0) - The Saints remain atop our power rankings again this week with a win against their division rivals last Monday night, the Atlanta Falcons. The Saints overcame a plethora of turnovers in route to their seventh consecutive win to start the season. This team just finds a way to win every week and they are extremely fun to watch. They play another division opponent this week in the Carolina Panthers but they shouldn't prove to be much competition. Look for them to be atop our rankings again next week at 8-0.
2. Indianapolis Colts (7-0) - The Colts are the only other undefeated team left in the NFL although San Francisco gave them everything they could handle last week in what was a close game. Peyton Manning continued his stellar performance throwing for over 300 yards again this season but he failed to find the endzone. The Colts managed to come away with a win and will host a dangerous Houston Texans team this week. Indianapolis is not going to go undefeated this year and this could be a trap game for them. I like Houston to upset the Colts and send them down our rankings next week.
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-1) - In the most media hyped game in recent memory the Brett Farve led Vikings headed back into Green Bay last Sunday and laid the smackdown on the Packers and took a strangle hold on the division. Brett Farve played solid and the defense came up big in the victory. Minnesota heads into the bye week and I am sure Brett Farve's 40 year old body couldn't be happier. If they continue to protect the ball and play solid defense I don't see them dropping from our rankings anytime soon.
4. Denver Broncos (6-1) - The Broncos finally lost a game last week to the Ravens who were in a must win situation. The Broncos schedule this year is absolutely brutal and it is a good thing they got off to such a hot start. They looked lost on offense last week and they better hope they figure out what went wrong fast as they head into the defending champion Pittsburgh Steelers backyard this weekend. I have a feeling we are going to see a slow decline of the Broncos over the next couple of weeks, although I still think they will run away with their division.
5. Cincinnati Bengals (5-2) - The Bengals are coming off their bye week and they will be hosting the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. If they can string two wins together in the next two weeks against the Ravens and Steelers they will be in the absolute drivers seat in the division. I still don't believe this team has played up to their potential this year and I think they might raise in our power rankings over the next few weeks.
So there you have it. Make sure to check out our weekly NFL picks video which highlights the top 4 games of the week and comes out every Friday. You can watch the video at www.moleandmeares.com or at www.youtube.com/meares78 .