Another NFL week in the books and another new team at the top spot of our NFL power rankings. For the first time ever I have only AFC teams in the top 5. I am also adding something new this week, honorable mention for the teams just outside of the top 5. Feel free to comment with your opinion. Here we go...
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1) - The Steelers saw their quarterback return from suspension this week and Big Ben showed why he was missed throwing for 3 touchdowns and blowing out the Browns 28-10. Roethisberger did show some early rust but playing against the Browns definitely helped him find his groove. This week they travel to Miami to play the upstart Dolphins which could prove to be more difficult then it would appear on paper. I still like the Steelers defense and with Roethisberger back, Pittsburgh could hold our top spot for a long time.
2. New York Jets (5-1) - Some people will argue the Jets got the game against the Broncos handed to them by the refs but in my eyes it was clear pass interference against Santonio Holmes late in the fourth quarter. In the end it doesn't matter because the Jets are now 5-1 and have won 5 games in a row going into their bye week. If the Jets continue to play well and get good breaks they could end up in our number one spot if the Steelers falter.
3. New England Patriots (4-1) - The Patriots were 10 points behind early in the fourth quarter this week against the Ravens at home and found a way to win. That is what the Patriots do and have done for the past decade. Welcome back to New England Deion Branch, not sure why you ever left. New England will travel across the country this week to face the faltering Chargers. For the Patriots sake, I hope they don't take this team to lightly or they may fall out of the top 5 quickly.
4. Baltimore Ravens (4-2) - The Ravens had a tough loss on Sunday, their vaunted defense allowed the Patriots to come back from a 10 point deficit in the fourth quarter and you can be assured that doesn't sit well with Ray Lewis. Their offense looked good at times and then at times looked completely inefficient. The good thing for the Ravens is that after a brutal 6 weeks to start the season they get the Bills at home this week. I will go out on a limb and guarantee a victory for the Ravens on Sunday.
5. Indianapolis Colts (4-2) - For the first time this year the Colts have found their way into our top 5. They won a hard fought game on the road in Washington against the Redskins on Sunday night. I have many doubts this team is as good as it has been in the past, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If the Colts can breathe some life into their defense they might have a shot of shooting up our rankings and luckily for them they have two weeks to figure out how to do that as they are on a bye this week.
Honorable Mentions: Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles.
There is the top 5 teams in the NFL after week 6. Thoughts or opinions? Feel free to leave a comment! Also don't forget to visit my site, www.moleandmeares.com , to watch our weekly picks video and submit your week 7 NFL picks for a chance to win a weekly prize.