1. The Packers are good...I know they played the Bills but they didn't miss a beat without Ryan Grant. If the trade rumors regarding Marshawn Lynch are true then I would hate to be in their division.
2. Brett Favre is old...and hurt. I am not sure what brought him back this year, his ego, his pride, his will to win, but he is not 100% and it shows. The Vikings pass game looks terrible and I don't see it improving any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see an early exit for Brett this year by week 9.
3. I predicted a surprise team this year in the AFC west but not the Chiefs. I am not sure how good they really are quite yet but that was a heck of a road win on a short week where they could have easily had a let down. Could this team be the surprise of the year? Is Matt Cassel good enough?
4. The Cowboys look lost in all facets of the game. They allowed the Bears to come into their house and lay the smack down on them. Jay Cutler has had two solid weeks behind center and if he continues to improve the Bears could definitley be a team to watch. As for the Cowboys, two games does not make a season but it might be time to change some things up.
5. The Cardinals might have made a mistake letting Matt Leinhart leave. They are a brutally bad team this year. The Falcons scored at will and made them look like a bad college team. Matt Ryan is starting to come into his own and will become an elite quarterback in the NFL within the next 3 years.
6. Tampay Bay is 2-0...really? Who is their quarterback again?
7. Michael Vick looked good...scary good against the Lions. The Eagles defense was still in Philadelphia and forgot to make the trip to Detroit. It will be an interesting game next week with Kevin Kolb back in at quarterback...wondering how long that leash is going to be?
8. The Bengals won this weekend on 5 field goals and no touchdowns against the Ravens. Makes you think back to the season where the Ravens won the Superbowl and they won 5 games without score a touchdown. Here is the difference, the Bengals D is no where as good as that Baltimore D and Carson Palmer is much better than Trent Dilfer...or so I thought.
9. Pittsburgh has started the season 2-0 without Big Ben. Their defense is really good...seriously...really good...they have allowed 1 touchdown in the first two weeks and only 20 points. I didn't think this was their year...I am starting to have second thoughts.
10. Did anyone outside of Seattle or Denver watch the Seahawks vs Broncos? Does anyone care about either of these teams or think that either one of them have a chance to make the playoffs? I don't.
11. St. Louis vs Oakland...see #10.
12. In the best game of the week, in my opinion, the Texans beat the Redskins in Washington in overtime. I don't think either team played their secondary in this game, there was over 900 yards combined in passing between the two teams. The Redskins seemed to have this locked up until the Texans offense went into overdrive and erased a 17 point deficit in the second half. Could this really be the year the Texans finally make the playoffs???
13. The Chargers rebounded well after their loss to the Chiefs last week and trounced the Jaguars at home. But seriously, this is the Jaguars. They have Jones-Drew and that is about it. Since they scored 38 points I guess Philip Rivers isn't going to whine and cry this week, we can only hope that will happen again next week.
14. The Jets offense last week looked like a high school football team. This week they looked like Patriots from '08. Randy Moss might be a slouch as Revis said but that might be on of the best catches I ever saw...how did he even see the ball?
15. Manning vs Manning II...Petyon wins...really? Did anyone actually think that the Giants would win this game?
Check in next Monday to see my week 3 thoughts and don't forget to visit my site, www.moleandmeares.com where you can see our weekly NFL picks video and submit your picks for a chance to win our weekly prize!