We are more than halfway through the season and the cream is starting to rise to the top. There are still 2 undefeated teams left in the NFL and they are one and two in our power rankings. You will see a new team enter the rankings this week although I am not sure how long they will stay there...here we go.
1. New Orleans Saints (8-0) - The Saints remain as the #1 team in our power rankings with a win over the Carolina Panthers last week. They have been #1 in our rankings since we started back in week 3. Last Sunday they fell behind early to the Panthers but still found a way to come back and win. That has been their theme over the past couple of weeks. Even when they were behind 14 points was anyone concerned that they would lose? This team has a cake walk of a schedule for the rest of the season with the exception of maybe two games. Is it too early to talk of an undefeated season?
2. Indianapolis Colts (8-0) - The Colts remained undefeated after their hard fought win over the Houston Texans last week. This week is a huge test for Peyton Manning and company as Tom Brady and the rest of the New England Patriots head into town. I can't think of a bigger rivalry in the NFL that pits two teams that aren't from the same division against each other. The Patriots have been a thorn in the side of the Colts for the past 7 years with the exception of their one SuperBowl victory. Can the Colts handle the recently hot Patriots and remain undefeated? We will see.
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-1) - The Vikings are coming off of their bye week and will host the pitiful Detroit Lions which should be an easy victory. If you watch our weekly NFL video show you know my thoughts on teams coming off a bye, more often then not they play very good football and cruise to a victory. Brett Farve is supposedly battling a groin injury but for a guy who has NEVER missed an NFL start I find it doubtful that it will prevent him from playing. The Vikings don't have a tough opponent until week 14 so as long as they can avoid a stumble against the basement teams in the NFL they should remain planted in our rankings for the foreseeable future.
4. Cincinnati Bengals (6-2) - The Bengals played a great game last week against a struggling Baltimore Ravens team and now head to Pittsburgh in a game that will decide first place in the AFC North. This team is playing really good football on both sides of the ball. They are running the ball effectively and playing spectacular defense which is a recipe for a championship team. If they take care of business in Pittsburgh they will hold a commanding lead in the division at 5-0. This will definitely be the game of the day.
5. Dallas Cowboys (6-2) - I would have never imagined the Cowboys would make their way into the power rankings this year the way the started the season. But 4 wins in a row will get it done. They beat the Philadelphia Eagles last week and completely shutdown their high powered offense. They have an interesting game against the struggling Green Bay Packers this week at Lambeau Field. Anytime you go to Lambeau you have a chance to lose. If the Cowboys play the way they have been playing they should be able to take care of business and remain in our rankings for another week.
There you have it...NFL Power Rankings for week 10. Make sure to check out our weekly NFL picks show at www.moleandmeares.com or www.youtube.com/meares78 .