Ok honestly, this may not be a game that is on your national radar. But tonight, we find ourselves in Morehead, Kentucky for a battle between the two best teams in the OVC, Murray State and Morehead State. Why should you care? I will give you five reasons:
1. The NCAA Tournament: One of these two teams will be in the NCAA Tournament and if its Murray State, they have a legitimate chance to win a game in the first round. Murray State has won more games consecutively than any team in America. Want to be smart in your tournament pool? Learn more about Murray State.
2. Kenneth Faried: Chances are that if you dont live in Morehead, you have never heard of Faried. Well I tell you who has, NBA Scouts. There are six of them here tonight and they are all here to see Faried. He has a chance to play himself into the NBA Draft if he finishes the season well. Get to know the name of the Renaldo Balkman lookalike.
3. Phil Simms Went Here: You watch our parent network's number #1 NFL team, but you probably dont know that Simms is a graduate of Morehead State. The relationship between the school and Simms has been dicey, but he is without question the most famous alumnus, and you can use that tidbit of knowledge on "Stump the Schwab."
4. Popeye Jones is Handsome: As you can see above, Popeye Jones is one of the better looking men you will find in the lower 48 states. He got his basketball talent, crazy nickname and awesome ears while playing at Murray State. Plus, I needed an excuse to run that picture.
5. We Drove a Long Way to be Here: We came through West Virginia, which is mountainous, boring and has towns that look like the town in "Hoosiers", only more depressing. It snowed the entire way and we considered quitting...but we had a mission to see the two "MSUs" that arent Michigan State play. Plus this is the only game of the trip in which all four correspondents are here. So pay attention.
And oh yeah, Kentucky plays later and we will let you know if they win.