That's a long way of saying we have our first-round order for the 2011 June draft, which is projected to be one of the richest and deepest in recent years.
7. Diamondbacks (for unsigned 2010 pick Barret Loux)
10. Padres (for unsigned 2010 pick Karsten Whitson)
15. Brewers (for unsigned 2010 pick Dylan Covey)
19. Red Sox (from Tigers for Victor Martinez)
21. Blue Jays
23. Nationals (from White Sox for Adam Dunn)
24. Rays (from Red Sox for Carl Crawford)
26. Red Sox (from Rangers for Adrian Beltre)
31. Rays (from Yankees for Rafael Soriano)
33. Rangers (from Phillies for Cliff Lee)
It's a good time to be the Diamondbacks (who have two of the top seven picks), the Brewers (two in the first 15) and the Rays (three first-rounders). The Rays also also have a whopping seven sandwich-round picks, meaning that as of today (with more sandwich picks to come) they'd make 10 of the first 53 picks.
-- David Andriesen