Well, the first day of the general managers' meetings in Orlando was more eventful than expected. The Braves stole Dan Uggla from the Marlins, the Cardinals re-signed Jake Westbrook and Florida overpaid for John Buck.
There's other talk 'round the meetings and here's a few of the other notes from Tuesday:
• The Marlins are looking at a multi-year deal with right-hander Ricky Nolasco. (Miami Herald )
• Reds general manager Walt Jocketty says he's spoken to the agents for free agents Arthur Rhodes and Miguel Cairo. Asked if the Reds were likely to sign any outside free agents, Jocketty said, "probably not." (Cincinnati Enquirer )
• Jocketty says the Reds are talking to teams about acquiring a leadoff hitter. (MLB.com )
• The agent for Reds right fielder Jay Bruce says his client is open to selling out his arbitration-eligible years in a long-term deal. Bruce is a Super Two player. (MLB.com )
• Free agent left-hander Jeff Francis is drawing interest from the Pirates, Mariners, Rockies, Brewers and Astros. (ESPN.com )
• The Yankees are interested in left-handed reliever Pedro Feliciano. (Newsday )
• Bill Hall could be an option for the Yankees. (FoxSports.com )
• Chad Tracy, who played for the Marlins and Cubs last season, has signed with Japan's Hiroshima Carp for about $1.3 million. (NPB Tracker )
• Former Red and Mariner Wladimir Balentien has reportedly signed to play in Japan. (NPB Tracker )
• Japan's SoftBank Hawks are working on signing Marcus Thames. (NPB Tracker )
-- C. Trent Rosecrans
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsmlb on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feed.