* Diamondbacks closer J.J. Putz tweeted this photo of the team's workout room at the newest spring training facility, Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Man, that place needs a nickname immediately. Anyway, the facility isn't too shabby, as you can see in this video tour with the Denver Post.
* Albert Pujols went to high school and college in Kansas City and has ties there. You don't suppose ... no, not going to happen.
* A look at the tie Stan Musial will wear today when he receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom (it seems the Cardinals are missing a good chance to at the very least make some money by selling those ties -- I'd buy one)
* The great Joe Posnanski on the most interesting winners of Gold Gloves
* Daniel Bard, who bears a strong resemblance to one of the guys in Lady Antebellum, reflects on his "Grammy win" and whether he might have to give up baseball for music.
* Grady Sizemore still shooting for opening day.
* Don't expect a quick answer to the Yankees' rotation.
* Jim Leyland looks at Patrick Leyland as a player in camp, not a son.
* Kerry Wood: I started with the Cubs, I want to end here.
-- C. Trent Rosecrans and David Andriesen