Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Don’t you hate it when you get locked in a bank after hours while trying to get to a radio interview and then have no way to get out of said bank? Texans DE Connor Barwin can tell you what that’s like.
- Former RB Ahman Green is not a huge fan of Texans GM Rick Smith. Probably because Smith once asked Green if he was faking an injury.
- Though he was asked over and over again the other day if he had any interest in procuring the services of free agent WR Plaxico Burress, Jets coach Rex Ryan artfully dodged each inquiry and never really answered.
- If you thought there might be some friction between Redskins QBs John Beck and Rex Grossman because both of them have made it clear they want to be the starter in Washington, you’d be wrong. They’re cool with each other.
- At one point in the offseason, Panthers WR Steve Smith and his wife thought she might have lupus and he briefly considered retiring. But she’s fine, and those retirement plans have been put on hold.
- In case you wanted to see what the Packers Super Bowl ring looks like, it’s right here in living color. It’s rather, um, large and diamond-y.
- PETA has a problem with the Ravens new partnership with KFC. The animal rights group is asking the team to reconsider its relationship with the fast-food giant.
- The Florida Times Union opines that the NFL should consider waiving the blackout rule for at least the first four regular-season games. Do it for the fans, Gene Frenette writes.
- Wade Phillips didn’t just take the Texans defensive coordinator job to be closer to home. He took it because he thought there was great upside to that unit.
- Ah, the slow clap. This one was for Redskins LB London Fletcher being late to practice last week. Check out the video below.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.