Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- I don't know why, but I just can't quit John Beck. Whatever the Redskins would-be starter is doing is just making me wish more and more that he DOES end up starting. Of course, Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post isn't exactly doing much to kill my mancrush by posting a retrospective look at Beck's mullet. Which probably tells you worse things about me than it does Beck, but whatever.
- I don't believe that the NFL won anything at the Sports Business Journal's yearly awards. I would be aghast, but we are in the middle of a lockout, so it actually kind of works.
- Speaking of tangentially related to the NFL: this ESPN the book thing is going to be freaking SPICY. I can't believe it took someone this long to think about writing on such a topic. OH. WAIT.
- Da'Quan Bowers told NFL.com that his freefall to No. 51 overall in the NFL Draft was "heartbreaking." Just watch out for that knee, dude.
- Per the Denver Post, Tim Tebow has joined other Broncos players in Denver-area workouts. Yes, it lacks any newsworthiness if it's someone else.
- CSN New England's Tom Curran believes there's significant interest in the Patriots going after Robert Gallery.
- I'll probably try and write something on this later, but Mike Prada of SB Nation D.C. has the full transcript of DeMaurice Smith's commencement speech at the University of Maryland. It's good stuff.
- Breaking news! Lovie Smith is pulling for the Bulls. Oh, he's also pulling for the Bears!!! Actually, it is kind of interesting that he doesn't agree with Brian Urlacher's assessment that the Bears are better than the Packers. Since, you know, the Packers have rings.