Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Yes, Kevin Kolb still is interested in being a starting QB, thank you very much. And if that can’t happen in Philadelphia, he’d like to go elsewhere.
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is a generous sort. Even though Cuban is a lifelong Steelers fans, he’ll even invite the Packers to his Saturday night party. With one caveat. It’s a 10-drink minimum.
- Yahoo! Sports’ excellent The Postgame has a where-the-hell-are-they-now update on former Colts K Mike Vanderjagt.
- An interesting piece by CNBC’s Darren Rovell about why he’s not covering the Super Bowl this year (even though he’ll be in Dallas the week of the game).
- Sometimes reporters aren’t perfect. Just like you’re not perfect at your job. So, cut Peter King some slack. He’s one of the best.
- Former NFL receiver Ricky Proehl is back in the league as an offensive consultant this season for the Panthers. He’ll work primarily with WR coach Fred Graves.
- Ravens P Sam Koch has signed a five-year contract. That means Baltimore has inked both of their kicking specialists (including K Billy Cundiff) to long-term deals.
- If you’re headed to Dallas this weekend for the Super Bowl and you plan to spend money on memorabilia, make sure what you’re buying isn’t counterfeit. Because there’s a bunch of it out there.
- The proposed stadium for L.A.’s NFL team (you know, assuming it comes to fruition) has a name (Farmers Field).
- Vikings DE Everson Griffin, accused of assaulting a police officer, will not face felony charges. His case will be referred for misdemeanor consideration.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .