Posted on: December 24, 2010 2:48 pm
Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- For the third-straight day, Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew didn’t practice while dealing with a knee injury. It’s not a good sign for Jacksonville, since no player who has missed a Friday practice with the team this year has ended up playing on a Sunday. At the same time, Jones-Drew has never missed a game due to injury. But yeah, it doesn’t look good at this point. He’s listed as doubtful on the injury report, and it'll be surprising if he suits up to play.
- Seattle’s Leon Washington and Mike Williams are candidates for the Comeback Player of the Year award. Williams knows who should get it. His teammate.
- Pro Football Talk has an interesting take on why we might not see a league decision regarding Brett Favre for a few more days.
- And speaking of Favre, how about Favre, the linebacker?
- Former Baltimore Colts and Redskins guard Ken Huff already has climbed Mount Kilimanjero once before. Now, he’s going back to do it again to help wounded soldiers.
- If you’d like to relive the topsy-turvy world of the Jets from 2010, here’s your chance to review the season.
- You remember how Ravens LB Terrell Suggs bragged about leaving Patriots QB Tom Brady off his Pro Bowl ballot? Well, Brady responded today, saying he would have voted for Suggs, in part because Suggs is such a nice guy.
- Break up the Browns? Aw, hell no, says defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.
- If the Bengals decide to franchise tag Johnathan Joseph, Cincinnati’s CB would be OK with that. Considering he’d likely make $10-13 million, you can understand why.
- Some of the Steelers players will become awfully big Browns fans this weekend. It'll be for a weekend only.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .