Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- How about some more NFL combine news? According to two sources for the Fort Worth Star Telegram, Alabama QB Greg McElroy scored a 48 on the Wonderlic test. That’s out of 50, which, if my math is correct, means he scored a 96 out of 100.
- The Jaguars feel like Luke McCown is one of the best backup QBs in the league, which is why, according to the Florida Times Union , Jacksonville is close to re-signing him to a one-year deal.
- Is former Cal DE Cameron Jordan just too damn nice? No, laughs the No. 3 DE prospect and No. 13 prospect overall (according to the CBSSports.com rankings).
- Giants GM Jerry Reese will have to make a decision on OT Shawn Andrews before New York has to pay Andrews a $3.5 million bonus on the 30th day of the new league year (whenever that will be). We take interest in this story, because Andrews is the top NFL tweeter (in my opinion, anyway).
- Former Ohio State DE Cameron Heyward – an interesting guy with whom I spoke during Super Bowl week – doesn’t want to trade on his father’s name , former RB Craig “Ironhead” Heyward.
- New Bills assistant head coach Dave Wannstedt is excited to be returning to the NFL game. His mustache also is thrilled.
- Last season, the Bears offered S Danieal Manning a contract extension worth $6 million over three years ($2 million of it was guaranteed), but he rejected it. Sounds like he thinks he can get more on the open market if he’s ruled an unrestricted free agent.
- Sports Illustrated’s Peter King thinks that, when the new CBA is signed, the Vikings might have a tough time holding onto WR Sidney Rice.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .