On a shortened schedule with the conclusion of the NBA lockout, free agency is going to be fast and furious. To keep track of all the wheelings, dealings, rumors, and reports, check Eye on Basketball daily for the Free Agency Buzz.
- The Associated Press reports that new Charlotte Bobcats guard Reggie Williams will undergo knee surgery and is expected out for up to two months.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that free agent forward Shawne Williams has snubbed the New York Knicks to sign with the New Jersey Nets.
- The Hornets have re-signed free agent Carl Landry after completing that blockbuster Chris Paul trade on Wednesday.
- Sportando.net reports that Jeff Adrien, who had been playing in Italy, is bouncing out on Bennetton Basket so that he can sign a deal with the Houston Rockets.
- The Orlando Sentinel reports that free agent Earl Clark has signed a 2-year $2+ million contract to remain with the Magic.
- The Los Angeles Times reports that unrestricted free agent big man Craig Smith is signing with the Portland Trail Blazers. The Blazers will likely waive big man Earl Barron, who is on a non-guaranteed contract, to make room for Smith.
- The Indianapolis Star reports that free agent guard Michael Redd met with the Indiana Pacers on Thursday. HoopsWorld.com reports that the New York Knicks are also interested.
- The Sacramento Bee reports that free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko is looking at the Sacramento Kings.